Re: Re: impossible upgrade KE3 to KDE4

Hello Guan,
You wrote:
>It's not my first time, but I don't know what is happen.
>Normally, I install a basic Debian with KDE 3.5 form a CDInstall of etch.

Try a CD-install of Debian 5.0 Lenny - just released 1 month ago !
It ships with KDE 3.5.10. But you have NOT to install it.
Download a NET-Install-image, so you have the option to decide during
install-procedure WHAT to install exactly:
During install-process decide to install NOTHING of the proposed tasks
(Desktop, Server, etc.)
If you DO this, you will get (after reboot) a minimal-installation, only in
Text-mode (console-mode).
Log in at the console-prompt (perhaps you want to install a simple editor
like "joe", this makes it easier editing the sources.list ...;  but maybe
you're experienced by using vim, your decsision  :)  )

So then edit your /etc/apt/sources.list with the following line:
 deb http://www.debian-desktop.org/pub/linux/debian/kde42 lenny kde42
 deb-src http://www.debian-desktop.org/pub/linux/debian/kde42 lenny kde42

Save and exit !
Do apt-get update  && apt-get upgrade
Then install KDE4-programs with apt-get or aptitude

THE END

Hope that helps you

Herbert