KDE4: Umlaute in bookmarks

Hi,

I've just migrated one account of a KDE3 machine to a KDE4 (4.1.3) machine by copying the whole home directory. No ~/.kde4 directory was present.

Now umlauts in bookmarks are not displayed correctly in Konqueror 4.1.3. They are displayed as question marks or question marks in black diamonds.

I can edit the bookmark to show the right character, but the next instance of konqueror will still have it wrong.

The KDE language is German, kde-l10n-de is installed.

Only one account is affected, there's no problem with my primary account.

Has anyone else suffered from a similar problem? Any ideas how to solve it?

Kind regards,

Felix