Jobs in Notifications and Jobs never complete

I have noticed that larger jobs that I run in KDE, never seem to complete. I'm not really sure how to explain it, so let me give an example...

I opened Konqueror and did the two pane thing and fish://'ed to a remote machine. I dragged a large directory over to be copied. Not only did the copy not complete (I ended up rsyncing it by hand...Twice as it turns out), but the notification icon is still showing 0/1 with the spinner, and according to it, the job still has 8 days 9 hours remaining. It's sitting here spinning like it is working, but I know it isn't because I rsynced it by hand, destroyed and recreated the remote filesystem and rsynced again.

My two questions are why did the job not complete? It just seems like it went for a while then lost interest. No errors, no alarms no nothing; and what do I need to tweak/restart to clear the notification and jobs icon?

Thanks,
--b