Re: How make Nepomuk work (more or less) on Debian

On Wed 2009-09-30, Manolete, ese artista... wrote:
> I couldnt make it function with the open source Java ...

 Last week I started playing with Aptana, and was amazed at
 its 60+ second startup times and frequent crashes, on a
 2GB quad-core box!

 I eventually tracked that down to having two instances of the
 JRE installed - Sun's and the free one - and /usr/bin/java pointing
 to the latter.  Flipping that back to Sun's one got launch times
 back to about 10 seconds, and far fewer crashes.

 Mind, this is the first time I've ever had such a nasty reaction
 from an application to a non-Sun JRE - not that I run a huge
 number of java apps.

 J.