desktop effects on PowerPC

Hi there

I got a problem here with desktop effects on 4.3.1 on a Powerbook g4 (powerbook
5,4 / ATI Technologies Inc RV350 Mobility Radeon 9600 M10).

If I activate desktop effects the x-server crashes without a possibility to
recover, because I cant change to tty (via alt ctrl f1), no reaction from
keyboard.
Thee is an striped artifact instead of the mouse-pointer icon, thats the only
symptom, I can tell of. No log entries in xorg.log nor messages or syslog...

Same problem with kde 4.2.2. No effects since 4.1.

Compiz is working. So compositing is working fine, I guess.
But I cant set compositing to active in system settings -> desktop.

fyi: Im using radeon-driver, because there is no fglrx for PowerPC.
xserver-xorg = 7.3+20
xserver-xorg-core = 1.4.2-11

Is it possible to get effects to work with radeon driver?

Anybody got desktop effects working on a powerbook g4??

I can provide any further info if needed & possible.

greetz
drz

--
------

gpg fp: 5518 8F74 B2A0 E91A 6FAD 8AC8 C02C 6C6F C899 DC65
Public Key: http://rizzux.org/drz.asc