Several widgets not working

Hello all,

I just upgraded to KDE 4.3 :)
But some of my widgets stopped working, like "System Monitor - Network" and
"System Monitor - CPU". Apparently I stopped having a NIC and no CPU to be
found either.
What can I do to fix that, since the settings of those widgets  only allow you
to enable/disable items, but I have no items and can't find a way to add them.

On a related note, widgets using a python ScriptEngine still do not work, like
they did not work on KDE 4.2.4 nor KDE 4.2.96 (RC2 from Experimental).
See http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2009/05/msg00218.html and
http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2009/07/msg00101.html
Could http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=540113 have something
to do with that? I have the same issue as reported in that bug report.

Regards,
  Diederik