ktorrent, kde3 and kde4

I'm running lenny, and when I ask aptitude to install ktorrent it brings
in a bunch of KDE4 stuff and wants to remove kdebase-bin-kde3.

Previous discussion on this list indicates ktorrent has lots of kde4
dependencies (though 25 packages seems kind of high).  But I'm a little
concerned about the planned removal of kdebase-bin-kde3.  So, two
questions:

Is the installation safe, or is something odd on my system making it
unsafe?

Is it safe to do the upgrade while running KDE3?  By this I mean "while
inside a KDE3 session."

Thanks.
Ross Boylan

P.S. I'd appreciate a cc, since I'm not subscribed through this address.