Re: Akonadi not starting

On Monday 13 April 2009, jjluza@yahoo.fr wrote:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/PIM/Akonadi
> It even explains that akonadi DB use 100M
> by default, then grow ...

 I noticed that somewhere, too .. 100MB *per user*, mind.  Entirely
 unsure how this will scale up for organisations who like to keep
 databases away from edge machines.  I got the impression this
 was 100MB per database, but I'm not sure how much saving we
 get with multiple users on one DB instance.

 Weird (and unsettling) that the web page you mention talks about
 'problems with users running mbox and maildir' .. as I went down
 the path of flipping back to mbox for a number of my mailing list
 folders, just because the syncing of umpteen thousands of messages
 was killing the machine during my backup cycle.  If this system can't
 cope (and given it just caches stuff on the way in, I don't see what
 it has to actually cope with here) with the two most common types
 of mail storage structures .. it doesn't bode well.

 J.