Re: Kuickshow replacement in KDE 4.2.2

El Lunes, 13 de Abril de 2009, Benjamí Villoslada escribió:
> From yesterday Kuickshow isn't available.  Now Kmail (i.e.) show images
> with GIMP, a good program for image editing but excessive for display only.

Have you checked if is still possible to have it installed? I have a mixed
3.5/4.2 environment, and I found no conflict that forced me to remove it. It
is in the "obsolete or locally created packages" section in aptitude, but I
have no problems with it, and doesn't have many dependencies.

> Any KDE 4.2.2 Kuickshow replacement?

There is a KDE4-based kuickshow in extragear, and it compiles and starts, but
has some problems. I wanted to help with it, because the problems it has seem
easy to fix, but I haven't found the time. :-(

The author works on it from time to time. I'm happy to see that he did some
changes just 7 days ago, so I'm going to compile it again to see how it has
improved.

If it's kind of usable, and I don't have any problems with dependencies, I
will see if at least I can do a quick and dirty package, although it's been
ages since I did a Debian package, so no promises. :-(

> Is Gwenview the solution?
> http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+4+Application+Cleanup

IMHO, is not a equivalent replacement, Gwenview is a much bigger application,
but is an improvement over Gimp. Even Okular it's a possible better
alternative.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2