Can I disable knotify stuff?

Hi!

Can I disable knotify stuff in

martin@deepdance:~> apt-show-versions kdebase-runtime
kdebase-runtime/sid uptodate 4:4.2.1-2

Its completely driving me nuts on one laptop where I upgraded to KDE 4.

After resuming with hibernate script and TuxOnIce it presents me between 2
and 10 or more single notify messages that I have to close *one by one*.
And if I do that usually knotify4 sticks at 100% CPU.

I thought about a upstream bug report, but I remember darkly to have read
that it has been made configurable already. But I didn't find anything,
might only be in KDE 4.3. But maybe its a text setting?

Well in KDE it seems one could tell KDE not to start KNotify. But in KDE 4
I do not see such a setting.

martin@deepdance:~> cat .kde/share/config/knotifyrc
[Misc]
External player=
LastConfiguredApp=knotify
Use external player=false
Volume=92

[StartProgress]
Arts Init=true
KNotify Init=true
Use Arts=true
martin@deepdance:~> cat .kde4/share/config/knotifyrc
[Phonon::AudioOutput]
KNotify_Volume=1

As far as I can see the kwrited service is involved. But I do not find it
in System Settings/Services. So I don't know how to disable it either.

Any hints greatly appreciated. KDE 4 won't go onto my main laptop before I
have a solution to this whatever hacky it might be.

Ciao,