Re: Reseting Konqueror Home-Directory Settings [Solved]

El Domingo, 22 de Febrero de 2009, Chris escribió:
> On Friday 20 February 2009, Alejandro Exojo wrote:
> > Try looking for a file named "$HOME/.directory", and editing/removing it.
> That worked!  The file does not seem to be automatically created, do you
> know where it could have come from?

In my experience, this kind of files are created by Konqueror when you set the
view preferences to be saved per directory. Unfortunately, when I turned it
off it still kept reading the existing ones, although it didn't create new
ones.

Personally, I find this kind of feature a bad idea (or a bad implementation of
it) because of this: once you change the setting, it's kind of impossible to
completely get rid of it, unless you are a power user who understands a
little bit what's under the hood. I found that there is an option to remove
the properties of the folder (KDE 3), but still it's hard to understand that
what is happening is due to a property that was set in the folder.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2