Re: Requesting a K3B 2 SVN snapshot for Experimental

Hello,

antradienis 25 Lapkritis 2008, James Spencer rašė:
> My current understanding of the current status of K3B 2 is limited to:
> Sebastian Trueg, K3B's lead developer is busy with Nepomuk and SVN activity
> is 'slow'.
Indeed, very slow. There has been almost zero progress in the last 2-3 months
which is very unfortunate.

> Apparently another major distribution, Mandriva, has packages
> the SVN version. That should indicate a minimum of 'suitable to package'
> worthiness.
No, k3b is not ready even for experimental. The GUI is sort of working, a few
crashes there and there, but .... it cannot burn anything at all (which is k3b
main purpose, isn't it?). Apparently, refactoring of k3b core internals was
started and left unfinished. For example, such a key class as K3Process which
takes care of starting external processes (e.g. wodim, growisofs etc.) is not
usable for basic tasks. I tried to get k3b to do a least one useful thing but
failed.

> While there are a number of other missing 'big KDE apps' I
> believe that K3B 2 is probably in a better shape to package than
> Konversation or Kaffeine.
Well, konversation is non existant so, yeah, k3b is in better shape. However,
shipping a burning application which cannot burn anything under any
circumstances and make people waste media trying is not acceptable even for
experimental.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>