EAGAIN strange behaviour

  Hi, KDErs

  I am observing a strange behaviour in my home computer for quite a
while, and wonder if any of you could help me out with the diagnostics.

  It started with a diagnostic attempt of a bad behavior of skype.
Every time I strace() the process, I get tousands and tousands of
messages like this:

socket(PF_FILE, SOCK_STREAM, 0) = 3
read(3, 0x9cb2078, 8) = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
read(3, 0x9cb2984, 4096) = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
read(3, 0x9cb2984, 4096) = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)

I found it quite strange, but didn't paid a lot of attention until it
started showing up in many other programs. So far, I've got similar
messages on iceweasel, amarok, konsole, skype, and konversation.

The sample is filtered from konsole's strace, just in case you wonder.

Maybe I am just being too paranoid, but I would like to have an
explanation. Why so many EAGAIN? What's going on?

Follows some more information I think may be useful.
Thanks a lot for any advise or explanation.
--
Luis Campos de Carvalho