Re: KDE4 observations

Hi,
      The slow window drawing problem may be linked to fglrx. Your chipset is supported by the open source radeon driver (xf86-video-ati). Just pull in Xorg, mesa, and xf86-video-ati from experimental. Edit the xorg.conf to make it use "radeon" as the Driver, and enable EXA. The slow window drawing problem should go away. As for the power consumption issue, Im clueless.

Regards,
Karthik