KDE 4.1: two nasty bugs

Using the newest packages for some days now, I realised two nasty bugs.

1) KDE programms will not close properly but stay resident in the background
until killed. Today a kmail message popped up, though kmail wasn't visually
running anymore in plasma and I'm sure about having closed it before.
I can't open the last session on logging in, as this brings back all not
propperly closed apps. I can't say this happens to all apps, but it definitely
happens way to often.

2) Switching between programs with Alt+Tab or giving KWrite back its focus
will remove selected text (Bug #494752). This is very annoying and got some of
my locally developed software compile errors, though these are the lucky
cases, as those are the ones I can still track.

I bet both are hard to trace on other systems, so I am not too enthusiastic on
reporting 1) (did so for 2) already). Just like to know, if other people live
with the same problems and maybe can point me to already existing solutions.

Christoph