gtk apps apperance under kde4

Hello,
one of the problems I see for adoption of KDE 4 is gtk apps
appearance. I want to make to concrete suggestions but don't know if
are best and/or affordable.

One of the possible solutions is an update to gtk-qt-engine package (I
think doesn't depends on Qt/KDE Maintainers group).  Last version is
1.1 (last package version is 0.8). I got some errors during
compilation and had no time to check them. Later discovered that
OpenSUSE and Ubuntu have created a kde4-gtk-qt-engine package. I think
this is best solution, creating a different package for qt4. As it
provides integration with "SystemSettings" and compilation depends on
kde4 development packages and systemsettings this new package would be
better included in kde/qt group.
Website: http://gtk-qt.ecs.soton.ac.uk/

Also Firefox 3 is adapting it's appearance to Gnome but nobody
provides a solution for KDE. Today upgraded to iceweasel 3.0~b5-1 and
my buttons disappeared so had to install iceweasel-gnome-support. It
provides a theme and I think also improves integration looking Gnome
configuration to check if it's default browser. User experience is
like having a retro-firefox back from 90s that asks for confirmation
to be default browser every time I run it. Any member of the group or
user knows about a theme for KDE4 that could be packaged into
iceweasel-kde4-support?

Cheers,
Ramon Antonio
(irc: rap, brainsqueezer)