Re: KDE 4 complete. When?

On Wednesday 12 March 2008, David V. wrote:
> Yes, I know KDE 4 is still "half done", and I use Gnome normally. But
> kdewebdev appears at KDE's website as available for download  as source
> package as "kdewebdev-4.0.2" (http://kde.org/download) . Also, Mandriva
> has a package with Quanta for KDE4,
> (http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/mandriva/2008.0/i586/media/contrib/backport
>s/kde4-quanta-4.0.2-1mdv2008.0.i586.html) Am I missing something or it
> seems kdewebdev is indeed ready for KDE4?

Just downloaded the tarball you point out above, the VERSION file in it says
KDE Webdev 3.4, and it only seems to contain kfilereplace, kimagemapeditor,
and klinkstatus.

Furthermore the only thing different between what's included in the 4.0.2
tarball and 3.5.9 seem to be a switch to cmake

-> in other words AFAICT this offers nothing that isn't already in unstable
as part of 3.5.9, at least at first glance

> And what about 4.0.2 packages ready for i386 almost a week ago but still
> not ready for AMD64, is there any serious reason, or just a matter of
> time?

should be just a matter of time (though I'm not sure how the autobuilders
for experimental work)
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)