Watching youtube videos in Konq and AMD64

Several months ago now I switched my entire Core 2 Duo system over to
AMD64.  I was led to believe that there would be no problems and
performance might be better in somethings.

Ever since that time, youtube (flash I assume) has failed to play in
konqueror and I have been using firefox for browsing that site.

As of this weekend (using Debian SID) Firefox seems no longer to work
either.

So I thought it time I asked this list - is it known fault with Konq and
AMD64 (given that flash is only available in X86 form) or is there
something wrong with my setup that I need to change.
--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk