Re: Kmail won't work with satellite provider....

Charlie:
> Have just subscribed to this list and using Icedove to post.
> Using Debian Etch/Lenny
> Have just been connected to satellite internet provider Clearnet who
> have some Linux capable techs on their staff, but have not been able to
> resolve a problem with Kmail 1.9.5 [using KDE 3.5.7] in Debian testing.

These techs should train themselves regarding smtp ;-).

> If I attempt to send an email to myself, the test of the satellite
> provider [smtp], or anyone else using Kmail 1.9.5 [using KDE 3.5.7],
> with the new email address after setting the accounts up, I get an error
> message:-
>
> Sending failed:
> Message sending failed since the following recipients were rejected by
> the server:
> madesecure@clearmail.com.au (The server responded: "relaying mail to
> clearmail.com.au is not allowed")

This indicates that you could connect to the mail server but he rejected
your mail for some reason. Therefore you should check this out with your
email provider.

> I have no problem sending through the old dialup provider and have used
> Kmail for years. This is a new twist.

I'd assume that your satellite provider is blacklisted somewhere.

Dietz