KDElivecd

http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde4livecd.html

Our project, providing kids with computers at Christmas time, wants to switch from installing XP to installing Debian/KDE/Firefox/Thunderbird/OpenOffice.

First, allow me to state that while diehard KDE'r would want us to use KDE for all the applications, doing so would be counterproductive for us because we could not ride in on the Firefox momentum. Firefox is the Trojan Horse that we will use to transition other kids to Linux.

Is someone willing to work with me defining the criteria and then help us master a CD that can also be HDD installed?

To prevent posts suggesting Knoppix, allow me to state that while *I* like Knoppix and while I have a great deal of respect for Klaus Knopper, it again is a marketing issue, like the choice of Firefox. Debian is the motherlode and I want those kids to not just mine that motherlode, we also want those kids to use those computers to learn real programming and learn Debian hoping that many will become contributors to the Debian Project.

Henry Keultjes
Mansfield Ohio USA