log out from KDE occasionaly fails

Hi! I'm using Debian testing with all the latest upgrades. Occasionally
with no obvious reason, when I try to log out, it just returns to the
KDE environment ignoring the command. When I try it for a second time,
it sometimes logs out, and sometimes it ignores again the command
returning to the environment. In the latest cases, if I right click on
the desktop I no longer get the menu with the options (among which is
the logout option). Then, if I select from the 'Start' (K) menu logout,
it  ignores me...

Anybody else who has seen this?

Giorgos