konqueror folder views (was: HOWTO: disable wallpaper images in Konqueror filemanager windows globally)

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 11:51:40 +0200, Alejandro Exojo wrote:

[...]

> Something similar happened to me, but with a different setting. When I change
> the view mode, like icon view to detailed view, it's only stored
> in .directory files in the exact place where konqueror is browsing. And it
> really annoys me. :-(
>
> I hate that Konqueror creates files where I don't want to, and I feel shocked
> when I want to browse a tree of directories, the view changes automatically
> when I display a directory, because one month ago I changed the view in that
> place...
>
> It's quite confusing seeing that setting go A and then B just for changing the
> current directory.

Konqueror should stop behaving like that if you uncheck "Settings > Save
View Changes per Folder". (You might still have to delete the existing
.directory files or use "Remove Folder Properties" in the affected
directories.)

          Florian   |