Re: KDE 3.5.7 in unstable and yes, we're working in KDE 4!

On Thursday 24 May 2007, Arthur Marsh wrote:
> John Schmidt wrote, on 2007-05-24 11:18:
> > On Wednesday 23 May 2007 19:36, Arthur Marsh wrote:
> >> Please visit bugs.debian.org and enter 425526 for the details.
> >>
> >> I am eager for any more suggestions to try.
> >
> > How about try moving your .kde/ to .kde.orig and try logging in again.
> > If that works, then some configuration files in your .kde are not happy
> > with the upgrade.  Or you can try creating another user and logging in
> > via that user and seeing if things work.  Then it is a matter of tracking
> > down the offending settings in your original .kde/
> >
> > John
>
> Hi, I tried that early on and just tried it again in the last hour and
> there was no difference to the problem.

Try moving ~/.qt or check if there are any lock files in there (starting with
a dot, so they are hidden) and remove them.

I remember a weird case where Qt was hanging on one of its own lock files.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring