can not set background image

Hello list,

I am on sid/kde3.5.7. I have installed a package which allows me to set an
image as wallpaper by right-click on it and choose actions->set as
background. I do not remember the name of this package...

I do not know if my problem is due to this package, but I can not set a
wallpaper by kcontrol.  I can choose a picture, and the preview (in this
little drawn screen) ist ok, but my desktop is not showing the chosen image.

Any hints?
Thank you. W. Mader