Udev and no sound or usb

Hi

I just upgraded my kernerl version from 2.6.8-2-386 to 2.6.17-1-686 it
installed udev and now i have no sound and i cant use my flash drive.

Each time i use MAKEDEV to create the devices the system creates the
device in a hidden directory called "/dev/.static/dev"
This same location seem to have all my devices that exist in "/dev"
before the upgrade

Can anyone help me out to get my sound, usb and bluetooth back.

And if anyone has any other problems they fore see with udev and the new
kernel please feel free to let me know.