Re: Konqueror cannot connect to local LAN IP address, firefox (and others) can

On 7/27/06, Gerrit Jan Baarda <gjbaarda@xs4all.nl> wrote:
Hi all,

I have a strange problem on my notebook running unstable. For some time, I
cannot access my router web interfaces with konqueror, it complains cannot
connect to 192.168.xx.xx when I enter an URL https://192.168.xx.xx in the
location box.

The strange thing is that firefox or other programs on the notebook don't have
any problem accessing the router. On my desktop computer (also running
unstable) konqueror also has no problems.

I've been going through all of konqueror's and KDE's settings but have not
succeeded in fixing the problem. While googling I found some references about
KDE/konqueror defaulting to IPV6, but I have already disabled IPV6 on all my
PC's.

Did you check your proxy cache settings?

--
Petr Baláš - petr.balas at gmail dot com