Re: konqueror really slow

Wolfgang Mader schrieb:

Am Sonntag 16 Juli 2006 18:47 schrieb Hendrik Sattler:
Hi,

on lots of pages (eg. freebsd.org), konqueror is really slow like hanging
at 16 of 18 pictures for a long time (means: firefox get the _whole_ page
during that time that konqueror waits).

Anything that can be done about it, like setting some timeout parameters to
common sense values?
What nameservers are listed in your resolve.conf. If you are behind a router and you listed its ip as nameserver (e.g. 192.168.1.1) and this router redirects you to a real nameserver KDE programms have a problem. Try to set your resolv.conf to point to the real nameserver of your provider. If your resolv.conf is generated automatically and you want to be shure that your prevered nameservers are on first place have a look at the programm resolvconf.

Hope this helps, Konqueror is a great tool.
Cheers W. Mader
Thats it! Thanks a lot!
After adding the secondary nameserver of my provider (1und1: 212.227.123.29) in addition to the router's adress, konqueror performs as nicely as mozilla.

Why is that? Are there activities going on to get rid of this kde drawback? I can imagine, I'm not not the only one who has been working around this issue for months.

Cheers, Marc