Re: unstable in temporal flux :)

I'm running sid with the 2.16.1 kernel, kde 3.5.2 and xorg 6.9. I would like
to upgrade to xorg 7.0, but when I tried doing a dist-upgrade with apt this
morning, apt wanted to remove a lot of kde stuff (see below) so I aborted the
upgrade.

The following packages will be REMOVED:
  3ddesktop amarok-engines amarok-xine bittornado-gui brutalchess
  enemylines7 freeglut3 gstreamer0.8-plugins gstreamer0.8-x kaffeine
  kaffeine-gstreamer kaffeine-mozilla kaffeine-xine kcontrol
  kde-amusements kde-core kdeaddons kdeartwork kdebase kdegraphics
  kdesktop kmplayer konq-plugins konqueror kpovmodeler krita
  kscreensaver kwin-baghira lbxproxy libarts1-xine libfltk1.1 libgle3
  libqt0-ruby1.8 libqt4-gui libsmokeqt1 libvisual0.2-plugins
  libwxgtk2.6-0 libxine1 lsb lsb-qt4 mozilla-plugin-vlc
  planetpenguin-racer proxymngr python-wxgtk2.6 tuxracer vimpart vlc
  vlc-plugin-alsa vlc-plugin-svgalib wxvlc xfree86-common xfwp
  xlibmesa-glu xpp xscreensaver-gl xserver-common

Would it be safe to simply install xorg 7 without doing a full dist-upgrade?

TIA,

Tim