Re: kded from kdelibs 3.5.1 crashing

Am Montag, 30. Januar 2006 18:07 schrieb Stephen Cormier:
> On Monday 30 January 2006 11:15, David Gerber wrote:
> > On Monday 30 January 2006 16:10, Tim Ruehsen wrote:
> > > Or just 'killall drkonqi' (the 'lazy' solution). Things i use look
> > > good thereafter (konqueror, kate, kmail, konsole, netbeans,
> > > openoffice, wine). Some of these 'automatic' network drive icons
> > > disappeared from the desktop - but this may not be important to
> > > everyone.
> >
> > Alternatively you might want to install the 'avahi-daemon' package
> > which will prevent kded from crashing.
>
> I did not install the daemon package and everything works fine here so
> far ... no crashes at all I am running the amd64 port.

I just dist-upgraded my SID system at home. It did not need the avahi-daemon
package to work properly. Both systems (work and home) are now up-to-date and
are very close to each other. One needs avahi-daemon to prevent kded to
crash, the other is fine without it. Is anyone able to enlighten me/us ?

Tim