Re: Kontact / Kmail crash on start up

On Thursday 26 January 2006 18:02, ueber.ana@suisse.org wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2006 09:45 schrieb Graham Smith:
> > Does anyone have any idea what is going on? More specifically any idea on
> > how I can stop this happening :o)
>
> start kmail from the kosole and watch the messages
>
> check the permissions on your files ~/mail  and /.kde/...

Hi, thanks for the help. I have a some more information about the problem...

My main Kmail account is am IMAP account connecting to a Courier IMAP server
(which I run). The problem only seems to occur after I first start the
computer and seems to be associated with new messages in the inbox. For
instance, this morning the problem happened again and my work around (moving
the messages with thunderbird) worked perfectly again.

Oddly though this morning it didn't loose all the settings. Folders that I
threaded yesterday are still threaded today.

I checked the permissions of ~/Mail and ~/.kde and their sub-folders and they
are fine read write me and nothing for anyone else. I forgot to start Kmail
from the command line again to get the output but I will do that next time
the problem surfaces (tomorrow morning). This problem is driving me nuts :o)

Graham