Re: Media control applet

El Domingo, 15 de Enero de 2006 16:30, Christopher Martin escribió:
> I bet if you install xmms, you'll find that it starts to work.

Yes! It worked, thanks. I was looking at my /var/log/aptitude, and I forgot
about xmms.

> This is probably my fault. For KDE 3.5, I added a hack to remove xmms from
> the dependencies of kicker-applets, since I found that it would still load
> without it. This way, users weren't forced to install xmms to use
> kicker-applets.
>
> But obviously my testing wasn't thorough enough. Today I managed to
> reproduce your problem once, but now I can't do it again.... very odd.

Well, it's appreciated anyway

> Anyway, since I still don't want to force xmms on all kicker-applets users,
> I think it reasonable to simply disable xmms support for the next upload,
> and point users who want a kicker applet for xmms to xmms-kde, which looks
> better anyway. It's only in unstable at the moment, but is only being held
> out of testing by a missing hppa build, so it should make testing
> eventually.

Well, I bet most KDE users don't use xmms having juk and amarok (and noatun),
but of course is up to you to decide if xmms should be supported or not. I
personally, don't like having it on the menu, but I don't longer care about
the dependencies, because I have other GTK apps.

Greetings.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2
http://barnacity.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@bulmalug.net