Re: suspend2 support

Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:

> Dnia ?roda, 4 stycznia 2006 15:08, Matej Cepl napisa?:
>
>> I thought about this a lot (albeit I have switched now to in-kernel
>> suspend after long time using suspend2, but that's besides the point, I
>> still use hibernate), but IMHO hacking logout window requires C++
>> patching, and I am not able (and willing) to go there.

It depends what you need.  I changed the KControl "System Administration /
Login Manager" shutdown command to be hibernate.  Now I have to use either
the console to issue "halt" or the "Reboot" option (and then power off when
it tries to restart) if I really want to halt, but I almost never want
that.

>> What I did is just to create new item in K-menu (with keyboard shortcut)
>> which runs this script:
>
>> Certainly that your script will be different (e.g., something about the
>> lines of too-well known "Are you sure?" dialog box), but I think it is
>> the easiest way to go.
>
> I probably goes that way too but with small binary which will display
> QMessageBox('are you sure') and will execute 'hibernate'. This way I could
> make it suid so sudo will not be required (think about users which does
> not use Konsole and does not need sudo privileges).

You could just give access in /etc/sudoers for all users (or a specific
group) to use hibernate without a password.  Then nobody needs to know that
sudo's even being used.
--
derek