Re: krfb_httpd eating CPU

Hi,

| > A process named "krfb_httpd" is currently eating 98%
| > of the CPU time.  Could some one tell what's going on?
| > I'm on the Debian testing distribution.
| http://packages.debian.org/stable/net/krfb
|
| kill the process if you're not using it (i.e. you don't want to host
| remote desktop)

Thanks for your help!  I've killed it and nothing wrong has happened.
So, all seems to be back to normal.

Do you or somebody have any idea on what was going on?
Thanks to your pointer, I now understand basically what the krfb
package is.  But, what was krfb_httpd doing, why was it eating
so much CPU time, and who invoked it in the first place?
Is it something to worry about, or is it simply a harmless bug?

| > Incidentally, apt-file seems to be currently broken
| > in the testing distribution, so that I'm unable to
| > find which package krfb_httpd belongs to.
| FYI, there are a few other ways to find it out:
|
| 1) dpkg -S file (searches in installed packages only)
| 2) http://packages.debian.org/ (scroll to the end)(a bit out-of-date
|   lately but it should suffice for your needs.

Thank you for these, too!

Regards,
Ryo