How do I start knetworkmanager?

This might sound really clueless, but it is actually giving me a bit of
trouble.

I have tried putting it in ~/.kde/Autostart/

The problem with that is that it starts too early. The kicker and kwallet is
not ready yet, so more often than not I get either a blank spot in the
systray, where the knetworkmanager applet is supposed to sit, or else kwallet
is not ready yet, and it fails to get the WPA passphrase from it, so I have
to type it in manually.

What are my options?

Anders

--
 - Debian GNU/Linux - KDE 3.5.4 - KMail 1.9.4 -