Re: root password in dialogs

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:17:49 +0200,
Wolfgang Mader <Wolfgang_Mader@gmx.de> wrote:

[...]

> But my root password still works. I tried in control center ->
> administrator mode

Mea culpa, I had updated libcvsservice0 and its dependencies from
unstable, while the rest of kde's packages were still at testing.
Upgrading the rest of kde to unstable solved the problem.  Things to watch
out for when using a testing system, mixed with some unstable packages.

Can somebody please show an example of a /etc/apt/preferences file showing
some pinning rules to avoid this trouble in the future.  What I would like
to accomplish is set all kde packages to unstable, while keeping the rest
of my system at testing.  I have the following:

,-----[ /etc/apt/apt.conf ]
| APT::Default-Release "testing";
| APT::Authentication::TrustCDROM "true";
| Acquire::::Proxy "false";