Re: (sid) apt-get install kde kdm fails

Han wrote:
RParr wrote:

I have installed Debian using etch installer b-3 (daily snapshot) and
then upgraded to sid (and added contrib, non-free to my repositories).
I installed as web-server, file-server, sql-server.  I did not install
desktop.

I was (finally) able to get basic X installed (by wacking the
xserver-xorg postinst per the bug report)

# apt-get install x-window-system-core

but have not been able to install KDE (for about 4 days now).

# apt-get install kde kdm

 kde: Depends: kde-core (>= 5:47) but it is not going to be installed
      Depends: kde-amusements (>= 5:47) but it is not going to be
installed
      Depends: kdeaddons (>= 4:3.4.3) but it is not going to be installed
      Depends: kdepim (>= 4:3.4.3) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

# deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
# deb-src http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free

deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid main
deb-src http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid main

I originally used mirrors.kernel.org.  Now, with ftp.debian.org, (and
ftp.us.debian.org), same errors.

Do I have the correct sources.list to install KDE?

Is this just a matter of waiting for the repositories to come back in
sync or am I missing something here.

If just waiting, any idea of when things should be installable?
Any ideas?
The issue here from my own experience is that the packages that it
states are probably not in the stable group what you need to do is add
the same mirrors but with the unstable add instead of the stable for
example:

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ unstable main

is the one i use but am running sarge (ustable/testing)

I always understoon sid = unstable

But I tried; I changed all my sources.list "sid" to unstable

Same results  (going on 4+ days now)

R.Parr, RHCE Temporal Arts