Re: problems printing with cups 1.2 [work-around]

On 6/17/06, A.M.P. Boelens <arnout@vvier.xs4all.nl> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 05:16:05PM -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 15:14 -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
> > I can't get printing working from KDE since upgrading to cups 1.2.
> I had some luck specifying "UNIX LPD Print System" for my printing.
> This seemed to retain the printers I had already defined in CUPS and let
> me print.  Naturally, some of the paper handling options I have access
> to with CUPS disappeared.

In addition to modifying the 'Listen' line in cups.conf as described several times by now, you can check your ~/.kde/share/config/kdeprintrc and replace the line

Host=/var/run/cups/cups.sock

by

Host=localhost

After doing so, I could successfully switch back to "CUPS" in kprinter, and everything worked fine again.

--
Best regards / Mit den besten Grüssen
Sven Krahn