Re: Remapping caps lock to non-ctrl

Christoph Burgmer wrote:
> a quite important and anoying question that bugs me for weeks if not
> months is how to set the caps lock to ... say windows-key (*duck* maybe
> "Super L"?). My keyboard just supplies ctrl, alt and alt-gr and I would
> like to map some special strokes to caps lock. Googling gives me non-KDE
> ways, that just don't work with it.

I don't have any holy KDE way (but try to look into Regional &
Accessibility/Keyboard Layout/Xkb options), but you can certainly use
reading this -- /usr/share/doc/xkb-data/README.config.gz

So for example my Keyboard section in /etc/X11/xorg.conf (I have CapsLock
redefined as Compose key):

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "kbd"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc104"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "cz,us"
        Option          "XkbOptions"    "compose:caps,ctrl:ctrl_aa,\
                lv3:ralt_switch,grp_led:scroll,grp:shifts_toggle"
        Option          "XkbVariant"    "qwerty,"

EndSection

Matěj

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma@jabber.cz
23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of
thinking.