Re: Video under Linux - mess and frustration [OT]

Žáček Kryštof schrieb:
Playing video under Linux is a frustrating experience. There is a
bunch of players available - mplayer, Kaffeine, KPlayer, KMPlayer,
Xine, Totem, Kaboodle, Noatun ...
My suggestion is: Let us create ONE fully featured media player with
ONE multimedia backend/framework...

I also find that some players play some videos, and others others. The
best solution I have come across is GeeXbox. This is OT here, as has
little to do with Debian or KDE, although there is a Debian package for
generating GeeXbox. It is a very small live CD with a small Linux OS und
Mplayer and all required codecs, certainly some unfree ones. It plays
almost everything as far as I can see and although no DVD-Nav like Xine,
has a super OSD which even allows switching languages and subtitles
while the videos are playing.

Theo Schmidt