Re: Setting KMail's To Do flag

On Fri, March 17, 2006 7:09 am, Larry Garfield wrote:
> On Friday 17 March 2006 06:46, Matej Cepl wrote:
>> Larry Garfield wrote:
>>> On a related note, what exactly is sieve?  I've seen Debian
>>> packages for it, and KMail mentions it, but I haven't found any
>>> decent documentation on how exactly to USE it.  It *appears* to be
>>> a client-controlled, server-implemented set of filters.  If I'm
>>> right, then I really would like to know how to use it. :-)  If
>>> not, then what exactly is it?

>> It is what you think it is, but the biggest problem is that it has
>> to be supported by the IMAP server (which is not that common) and
>> even more important it has to be set available by the server
>> administrator (I have never met IMAP server which would allow me to
>> use SIEVE).

> Hm.  Well, I run my own IMAP server so I can set up whatever I need.
> I just haven't found any decent info on doing so.  Do you know where
> I could find any?  (Preferably that doesn't start with "first change
> these thousand settings and compile.")

With Courier-IMAP and DoveCot, you'll want to use maildrop for
server-side filtering.  SIEVE, AFAIU, is currently only usable with
Cyrus IMAP servers.  I've yet to find any information on using SIEVE
with anything else.

There's lot of information out there on the Courier and Postfix sites
for configuring maildrop to work with Courier.

----
Freddie Cash, LPCI-1 CCNT CCLP        Helpdesk / Network Support Tech.
School District 73                    (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]
fcash-ml@sd73.bc.ca