Re: Konqueror problem?

Wulfy wrote:

I have a strange problem with Konqueror. If I click on a folder on my desktop or in the Konqueror file-manager window I get an alert "KDEInit could not launch '<whatever-the-URL>' ", once for the desktop folders and twice within Konqueror. Same thing happens with the icon bar navigation icons. Yet I can open folders in a new tab OK.

If I start Konqueror from the command line I get the following:

wulfy@Yewdales-lodge:~$ konqueror
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::initPrivate(): trying to assign a shortcut (Alt+Plus) to an unnamed action. kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::initPrivate(): trying to assign a shortcut (Alt+Minus) to an unnamed action. konqueror: ERROR: Error in BrowserExtension::actionSlotMap(), unknown action : searchProvider konqueror: ERROR: Error in BrowserExtension::actionSlotMap(), unknown action : searchProvider konqueror: ERROR: Error in BrowserExtension::actionSlotMap(), unknown action : searchProvider konqueror: ERROR: Error in BrowserExtension::actionSlotMap(), unknown action : searchProvider konqueror: ERROR: Error in BrowserExtension::actionSlotMap(), unknown action : searchProvider KonqSidebar::property( "modified" ) failed: property invalid or does not exist KonqKfmIconView::property( "modified" ) failed: property invalid or does not exist
kio (KDirWatch): WARNING: KDirWatch::removeDir can't handle '/'
wulfy@Yewdales-lodge:~$

[It starts in browser mode, I change to file-manager mode and try to open a folder in the window. I am not trying to remove anything, despite the last line!]

I tried googling but nothing useful coming up. I've tried dpkg-reconfigure for both Konqueror and KDEInit. Nothing changed. I logged out and in again, same thing. I even (in desperation!) rebooted. Then I was doing something else and using the "Super User Mode File Manager" and everything worked, at least within Konqueror.

So it looks like something in my user configuration got hosed. I have no idea where to look and what to do to fix it. Any ideas? If I haven't given enough info, just tell me what commands to use and I'll post the output.

Thanks!

Oops.  I forgot to say.  I have Sarge installed.

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.