applications on login

hello
i'd like to automatically start on login some applications when i
begin my kde session, like Yahoo! Messenger, Skype, Mozilla,
KOrganizer etc;
i'm currently using KDE 3.3 options: "save session on logout" and when
i start again my kde session i find almost everything as i left it
out, except for some applications like those i wrote before; now some
questions:
1. what do you suggest to solve this issue?
2. how can i know if there exists a upper limit for the number or
dimension of applications running such that they can be correctly
saved on logout? maybe kde does an automatic "cut"  if i am using too
much memory when i logout, before saving my session? currently, i do
not use beyond 180MB of memory

thank you very much for any suggestions

bye

--