Re: Using reportbug with kmail

Am Dienstag, 8. November 2005 05:35 schrieb Nate Bargmann:
> * Ana Guerrero <anja_isbilia@yahoo.es> [2005 Nov 07 21:28 -0600]:
> > > PS: I do not want (although I know how) to configure exim because there
> > > is no easy way out: only with TLS and authentication. Both is a pain to
> > > hack into the exim configuration. Additionally, I do not want to save
> > > the password as clear text in the exim configuration.
> >
> > Yeah, i understand you.
> > A fast solution is execute reportbug and when you get the mail ready to
> > send, cut and paste it in kmail, then, send it to submit@bugs.d.o
>
> I threw out Exim about a year ago and setup esmtp which is quite small,
> easy to configure (five or six lines a couple of which are optional),
> works with Procmail, and works with Mutt and reportbug.  Exim is
> overkill when esmtp works just fine for me.

esmtp would _not_ solve the problem. This is not about bashing exim, it is the
general problem of having to store the SMTP/Auth-Password when using an
automated program like this.

I'd really love to have a program, that does not try to deliver itself but
uses a user-configurable maildir directory to simply store the data. In this
case, I could simply use the outgoing-mail or draft directory of kmail and
then send it with kmail.

HS