Re: Problems with hotplug after installing kde 3.4

Am Montag, 7. November 2005 19:40 schrieb Alvaro:
> A few days ago I upgraded kde to 3.4. It removed hotplug of my system,
> because this xorg didn't run (graphics driver didn't load) , after it I
> installed hotplug by hand and I it removed hal and udev. I thinked that
> this conflict would be resolved on some days, today those packets are in
> conflict yet. Some about this?

There is no real conflict: either use hotplug or udev (which can do the
hotplug stuff, too).

The problem is rather with changed behaviour: udev does not contain all the
device files. This changes the module loading behaviour,
e.g. /etc/init.d/setserial will not automatically load the serial port
module.

Work-around: load the module with /etc/modules.

By the way: since when does xorg absolutely rely on kernel modules?

HS