kst display problems

Hi,

I am running kde 3.4.2 from unstable and have kst installed.

apt-show-versions -a -p kst
kst     1.1.0-2 install ok installed

 When I try to plot any data, I get the following in my konsole window:

X Error: RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter) 184
  Major opcode:  159
  Minor opcode:  23
  Resource id:  0x3800a8d
X Error: RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter) 184
  Major opcode:  159
  Minor opcode:  23
  Resource id:  0x3800a8d
X Error: RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter) 184
  Major opcode:  159
  Minor opcode:  23
  Resource id:  0x3800a8d
X Error: RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter) 184
  Major opcode:  159
  Minor opcode:  23
  Resource id:  0x3800a8d
X Error: RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter) 184
  Major opcode:  159
  Minor opcode:  23
  Resource id:  0x3800a8d

. . . .

Nothing is displayed in my plots, and the application becomes unusable.

This is the only kde application that gives this type of error.  Anyone know
how to resolve this problem?

Thanks,

John Schmidt