Re: Koffice progress on C++ ABI transision

* David Goodenough [Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:28:56 +0100]:

> This may well be the case, but it still does not answer the question as to
> where the official packages are.  Maybe the time has now come to say
> that the original request not to put in bugs against packages which have
> not been updated is now out of date and that we should start submitting
> bugs if that is the only way to get them through.

  I submitted all the necessary bugs a couple weeks ago (see [1]). With
  such big transitions, it's easier for us to deal if all bugs can be
  submitted in an homogeneous way (you get e.g. to tag them consistently),
  so the request for no submissions had to objectives: don't annoy diligent
  maintainers who take a week or two to upload their packages, and enable
  us to file them ourselves when the time comes.

    [1] http://people.debian.org/~adeodato/transition/libqt3c102-mt

  Cheers,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

A dream is an answer to a question that we don't know how to ask.