Re: usb storage problems

Am Montag, 19. September 2005 11.37 schrieb Antonio Rodriguez:
> The kernel that ships with sarge (2.6.8) is not the best of the 2.6
> series, fetch 2.6.11, at least. Then all will work wonderfully. I had
> the same problem, with usb, that was not working properly (with
> 2.6.8), until I solved it by switching to 2.6.11.

Thanks, Tony. I'm now running 2.6.12-1-686. pmount now works for my
CompactFlash card (Serge wrote: "To be able to use pmount as user you need to
add it to the 'plugdev' group in /etc/group..": Done that, thanks). Getting
there slowly. I still can't mount or even find my SecureDigital cards.

After pmounting, the device shows up on the desktop and in the KDE devices
applet and opens in Konqueror on click.

Question: how can I umount (easily)? pmount doesn't have a umounting option
and the standard umount requires root. Right-clicking in KDE gives WTTE "only
root can umount".

Theo Schmidt