Re: Xine error

On Sunday 18 September 2005 07:39, larinia was heard to say:
> Thanks Dave, I'll give them a try and see how it goes,
> otherwise I will re-install wondows (last resort). The next
> computer I buy won't be a laptop for sure!
>
> Larinia

Mine, also, is a laptop. Unless I can get the problem to reoccur
in Windows, the place I bought it won't service it. That's why I
wasn't sure if it was driver based or not, since I did put
Windows on it, and the "failing" DVDs were able to be read.

Worse, the warrantee specifies that if I install anything over
the WinXP that the laptop came with, my hardware warrantee is
void.

The service people had it for a month, because of a DVD drive
failure, I only got it back a week ago. But the drive they put
in isn't exactly the same as the one that was in it before. The
lens configuration is different. But, like I said, if I cannot
get it to fail in Windows then I just have to put up and shut
up.

The Microsoft OEM stranglehold must be broken!

Curt-

--
September 11th, 2001
planning advocates in American history