Re: KDM - Command equivalence to "K Menu->Switch User->Start a new session"?

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, MEGE Christophe wrote:
<...>
> Is there a command that does the same thing than "K Menu->Switch
> User->Start a new session", so that I can start a new session from
> another 'wm' than kde, or switch to an existing other session?
<...>
> - Btw, it's possible to switch from one session to another using
> Meta-Fxx, but not creating a new one...

You could switch to an unused VT, login, then do...

$ startx /usr/bin/startkde -- :1

or make an alias of it in .bash_profile...

alias kde='startx /usr/bin/startkde -- :1 &>/dev/null &'

...so all you need to do is:

$ kde <ENTER>

hth

- Bruce