does superkaramba suck?

Is it just me, or does superkaramba suck?

All of the superkaramba propaganda talks about how great it is, so I decided
to try it.  I install the Debian package, and run the program.  The little
bomb appears.  So far, so good.

Problem #1:  Every time I complete an action-- e.g. trying to open a theme,
then cancelling when I don't find any themes stored locally; or closing the
welcome screen-- superkaramba exits.  I have to restart it.

Problem #2:  superkaramba comes packaged with exactly zero themes.  When I
go to download one, I get a .skz file, which superkaramba doesn't
recognize.  So okay, I figure out pretty easily that it's just a stupidly
named zip archive.  I _manually_ create a directory and unpack the contents
there.  Now superkaramba recognizes the .theme file.  superkaramba can't do
this work on its own?

Problem #3:  I decide to try liquid weather.  It sounds cool, and is the
_very first_ theme listed on the download page.  I coax superkaramba to use
it as I described above.  But when I do, I get

Call to initWidget failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "liquid_weather.py", line 2432, in initWidget
    initTranslation(widget)
  File "liquid_weather.py", line 420, in initTranslation
    lang = karamba.language(widget)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'language'

So, here's the score so far:

Time spent so far with superkaramba: 20 minutes.
Amount of eye candy appearing on my desktop: zero.

If I persist will I be rewarded, or will I just be throwing good time after
bad?  And, does superkaramba suck?

A.